Just when you didn’t think the wonderful dining experience on a cruise can get any better! Princess Cruises now takes gourmet to a new level -Chef’s Table! In putting together today’s blog, I found my tummy grumbling…
Designed as a unique treat for “foodies,” Princess Cruises has introduced a new Chef’s Table experience on select ships, and will expand the program across the fleet. Chef’s Table offers a select group of gourmands the rare opportunity to be welcomed into the ship’s galley to enjoy a full evening of memorable sights, tastes and conversation hosted by the executive chef.
While many passengers are able to enjoy galley tours during the quiet off-hours, the Chef’s Table experience takes interested diners behind the scenes during the height of dinner preparation where they’ll also enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, followed by a special multi-course tasting dinner paired with selected wines at a special table in the dining room.
The chef previews the details of the menu he created for that evening, and the group is welcomed to their special table in the dining room.
Here’s an example of what your dinner menu can be for the evening:
Hors d’oeuvres and Champagne in the Galley
- Blue Crab Margarita with Avocado and Mango
- Foie Gras Terrine on Toast, Apple Chutney
- Fontina Mini Quiche with White Truffles
- Buckwheat Blinis with Caviar and Creme Fraiche
Dinner, accompanied by Red and White Wine
- Asparagus Risotto with Lobster Tail and Claws
- Lip-Smackin’ Bloody Mary Sorbet (topped with a splash of Grey Goose Vodka)
- Trio of Beef, Veal, and Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roastie
- Jus, Salsa Verde, Bearnaise Sauce, and Cafe de Paris Butter
- Dirty Rice with Corn and Pine Nuts, Grilled Asparagus and Charred Cherry Tomatoes
- Potted Stilton with Port Wine and Walnuts, Rosemary Biscotti
- Iced Amaretto Parfait, Vanilla Plums and Brandy Snap Tuile
- Coffee or Tea and Homemade Gourmandises
The multi-course menu is specially created by the chef, and is not offered anywhere else on the ship. During the dessert course, the chef rejoins the group at their private table to participate in a discussion about the evening’s meal, answer questions, and share culinary secrets perfected during many years of experience at sea and on land.
Additionally, each couple at the Chef’s Table will receive a personalized autographed copy of Princess’ best-selling cookbook, Courses, A Culinary Journey.
The Chef’s Table experience can be reserved by up to 10 passengers per night, at a cost of $75 per person.
Contact me about further details on planning your next cruise!